Did you know that there are over 50 million Facebook pages? And these Facebook pages post an average of 36 posts per month? There are also over 10,000 brands on Twitter that tweet over 1,000 times a month on average. That is 1.8 billion page posts and 10.5 million tweets per month!
So how will your brand’s posts and tweets stand out? You need to conduct an outstanding performance! Social media publishing should be purposeful, planned, orchestrated and integrated with business objectives.
To start conducting your publishing performance, take a few minutes to reflect on the below:
- What are your business objectives?
- What are your brand’s values?
- What is your brand’s personality?
- Why is your brand on Social Media?
- Who is your target audience?
- What topics can your brand publish?
- What topics will interest your target audience?
- Orchestrate the above notes to create a publishing calendar.
- Step 9 to infinity: listen, measure, evaluate and change continuously!
- Measure engagement; do not be fooled by a six figure fan/follower count
- Every audience is unique
- A picture is worth a thousand words
- Learn from the best; check out the top 25 most engaged brands on Twitter and Facebook
- Amplify your best content with advertising; a little promoted posts & tweets never hurt anyone 😉
There is no magic formula for successful social media publishing; just listen to your audience, be flexible, experiment and conduct your orchestra to the sweet symphony of top brand pages!